Overview & Eligibility
What is a PPP Loan?
Paycheck Protection Program resumed accepting applications July 6, 2020, at 9:00 AM EDT in response to President signing the program's extension legislation. The new deadline to apply for a Paycheck Protection Program loan is August 8, 2020.
The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll.
SBA will forgive loans if all employee retention criteria are met, and the funds are used for eligible expenses.
The loan will be fully forgiven if the funds are used for payroll costs, interest on mortgages, rent, and utilities (due to likely high subscription, at least 60% of the forgiven amount must have been used for payroll).
PPP loans have an interest rate of 1%.
Loans issued prior to June 5 have a maturity of 2 years. Loans issued after June 5 have a maturity of 5 years.
Loan payments will be deferred for six months.
No collateral or personal guarantees are required.
Neither the government nor lenders will charge small businesses any fees.
Who Can Apply
The following entities affected by Coronavirus (COVID-19) may be eligible:
Any small business concern that meets SBA’s size standards (either the industry based sized standard or the alternative size standard)
Sole proprietors, independent contractors, and self-employed persons
Any business with a NAICS Code that begins with 72 (Accommodations and Food Services) that has more than one physical location and employs less than 500 per location
Any business, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, 501(c)(19) veterans organization, or Tribal business concern (sec. 31(b)(2)(C) of the Small Business Act) with the greater of:
500 employees, or
That meets the SBA industry size standard if more than 500
Forgiveness is based on the employer maintaining or quickly rehiring employees and maintaining salary levels. Forgiveness will be reduced if full-time headcount declines, or if salaries and wages decrease. The loan forgiveness form and instructions include several measures to reduce compliance burdens and simplify the process for borrowers, including:
• Options for borrowers to calculate payroll costs using an “alternative payroll covered period” that aligns with borrowers’ regular payroll cycles
• Flexibility to include eligible payroll and non-payroll expenses paid or incurred during the 24-week period after receiving their PPP loan
• Step-by-step instructions on how to perform the calculations required by the CARES Act to confirm eligibility for loan forgiveness
• Borrower-friendly implementation of statutory exemptions from loan forgiveness reduction based on rehiring by June 30
• Addition of a new exemption from the loan forgiveness reduction for borrowers who have made a good-faith, written offer to rehire workers that was declined.
Application & Fees
Let's Talk Innovation charges a $550 non-refundable application processing fee. If application is not approved the client will receive a credit applicable to all services provided by Lets Talk Innovation. If the Client is approved Let's Talk charges a 10% broker's fee of the total approved amount:
• Application fee is paid via application portal.
• Broker's fee is automatically charged once client has been approved.